Friday, August 12, 2011

Läst

Jellicoe Road. Den här är lite magisk den här boken. It happened on the Jellicoe Road. The prettiest road I'd ever seen, where trees made breezy canopies like a tunnel to Shangri-la. Det måste jag medge. Fastän jag inte riktigt delar den stjärnögda förtjusningen på Bokhora (recensionen som fick mig att köpa den här boken in the first place). En väldigt fin bok är det ändå. Vissa saker som kom fram i slutet förstod jag redan ganska tidigt så det tog ju lite av spänningen och så, tja, blev jag inte alls kär i Jonah Griggs, inte ens lite grann.

"So when it's happening to someone else it's all cool?"
"Any pain inflicted on Richard warms my heart and it warms yours as well. Go on, admit it. When he hit the ground and the blood went flying and you knew in your heart his nose was broken, didn't you just want to jump for joy and stomp on his ugly face?"
I look at him, shaking my head. "Actually, no, Ben. I didn't. I was thinking that I'd rather be in the common-room watching Home and Away."
"You know what your problem is? You don't know how to enjoy yourself. That was fun. That was better than Home and Away."
---

"What did you say?" Santangelo asks quietly.
"Your mum. Nice lady. Really nice."
Santangelo flies into it first. Fist straight into Jonah Griggs's stomach and next minute they're both rolling on the ground pounding each other. Then there's a war cry and it's free for all, present company excluded, of course, and believe me, I do feel excluded but there is no way I'm joining in. The leader of Murray House goes flying through the air and lands at my feet, groaning. I try to help him up but then I realise he's getting off on this. They all are. It's like some Neanderthal skirmish for the pathetic.
Så har jag fortsatt med Bridgerton-serien. 1800-tals romantiken, ni vet. Två böcker till: An Offer From a Gentleman (gillar titlarna! allusionerna! eller är det travestier? kanske det) och Romancing Mister Bridgerton. Jag tyckte om de här också, precis som de två första, som jag nämnt tidigare. Så nu har jag då läst halva serien. Den fjärde har jag väntat på länge, Romancing..., för att den handlar om Colin och han är min favorit. Oh joy. Utdragen nedan är från just den.

Penelope stared at her for a moment, then burst out laughing. "Oh, Eloise," she said, wiping tears from her eyes. "I do love you."
Eloise grinned. "And it's a good thing you do, spinster that I am. We shall have to set up a household together when we are thirty and truly crones."
---

His smile was lazy and wicked. "Not if you promise not to tell another living soul."
He didn't mean it, of course. And she knew he knew she knew he didn't mean it. But that was his way. Humor and a smile could smooth any path. And blast him, it worked, because she heard herself sighing and felt herself smiling, and before she knew it she was saying, "Enough! Let us be on our way to your mother's."
Colin grinned. "Do you think she'll have biscuits?"
Penelope rolled her eyes. "I know she'll have biscuits."
"Good," he said, taking off at a lope and half dragging her with him. "I do love my family, but I really just go for the food."
--- 

Och for the record - jag har vetat vem Lady Whistledown är från någon gång i början av första boken.

No comments: